It all started when I got my first job, and I was about to meet salary for the first time. I was really excited about how I would spend my weekends with him. We embarked on an epic journey of friendship and sacrifice, but it turned out to be full of surprises, especially for salary.
Me: Sure. But I hope you reach on time.
The only thing I knew about him was his address (Standard Chartered Bank) and his popularity among my friends on weekend parties. So, I was really excited to meet him for the first time. After a month of patience and hardwork, the day finally arrived when I met him. I enjoyed the feeling of having the world to myself for a short while.
July 5
Me:Hi, It’s so good to see you. I’ve been waiting and working to meet you since so long.
Salary: (With a shrewd smile on his face)But, now that we’ve met, I hope you treat me better unlike others who always take me for granted. They only realize my worth after the weekend is over, and their bills are pending. Hence, I’ve decided not to meet them as often as I used to earlier. (Implying that salary would fall short if not spent properly so that you realize the value of money)I hope there is more understanding between us.
July 10
Me:Hey salary! Let me introduce you to my friends. All of them are party animals. I am sure you’d like them. So, let’s meet them tomorrow at the club.
Salary: No way! I don’t think I’d like them too much. Instead, you should meet my friends SIP and mutual funds. We are so much more productive when we are together.
Me: Yes, but I am too young to meet your old boring friends. Maybe after a few years I can start spending time with them.
Salary: Partying on every weekend is just not my thing. I’d rather enjoy relaxing at my villa Standard CharteredBank. Also, I think you should hide me from your friends as it is too early to tell them everything about me. You should get to know my friends as soon as possible! I’m sure you will benefit by investing in them. So hurry up!
July 15
Salary: I just came across your bills. Don’t you have to pay the bills and house rent? Your last month food and grocery expenses are unpaid. And why have you made those useless purchases without thinking about me?
Me: I was going to tell you all of that! However, I thought you would be too stressed about it.
Salary:I am very stressed with you and your decisions. If this is how it’s going to be, I’m afraid I may have to leave before the month ends.
July 20
Salary:Taking a long leave when you’ve only been on the job for a month is not advisable, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t invest in exploring. We may go for a weekend trip, but one week is too much! I don’t have much energy left after all your parties and purchases.
Me: Now that I’ve finally started supporting myself, I think it’s time to let my parents relax. I should buy something for them. Can you suggest me some gifts for them?
Salary: Well sure! It’s good to see you spending responsibly. Get your mom a saree she's had her eye on, and surprise your dad with a beautiful wrist watch. The joy on their faces will be worth it. Though I only have a few days left now, I wouldn’t mind spending time and effort for this.
July 30
Me: I wish you’d stay with me for a few more days! I don’t want you to go. Thank you for being there, and I promise to treat you even better!
Salary: It’s good to know you’ve learnt something from my presence, but now, I’ve no time left! I hope you become more responsible when I’m not around. I’d be leaving by the end of the day. Don’t worry; I will be back very soon. And, I hope next time we spend time for better things. Until then, work hard and wait for me.





Nice πππππ
ReplyDeleteThnx!
ReplyDelete